Tilburg University, Tilburg School of Economics and Management, the Netherlands
Research Master and PhD Positions in Business and Economics
Tilburg School of Economics and Management, CentER Graduate School, invites candidates to apply for its 5 year graduate programs in Economics and Business. The Business program offers six tracks: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Organization and Strategy, Operations Research, and Tax Economics. The Economics program includes research topics in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMS:
The graduate programs consist of two years of graduate level course work and research training (research master phase), followed by three years of PhD dissertation research (PhD phase). The research master phase enables students to accumulate theoretical and technical knowledge of research methodology courses and develop the skills required for cutting-edge research in their field. All courses are taught by internationally renowned researchers belonging to CentER's faculty, supplemented by some excellent scholars invited from abroad. The PhD phase focuses on conducting research and writing a dissertation.
During the research master phase candidates are registered as students at Tilburg University. Generous funding packages are available to cover tuition and living costs. In the PhD phase candidates have an employment contract and earn a salary of approximately 24K Euro net/year.
Tilburg School of Economics and Management belongs to absolute top of international fundamental research in all areas of business and economics (UT Dallas Ranking #35, EconTop Ranking #22 in the world). The Graduate School has a very successful history of placements at top universities in Europe, North America and Asia. The CentER offers an excellent research environment in terms of guidance and collaboration with experienced faculty members as well as resources for conference and research visits. World-class research facilities are in place, including CentERdata expertise on data collection and innovative research, excellent facilities to conduct experiments, extensive research databases, state-of-the-art library.
To be considered, candidates should fulfill the following conditions:
- An academic Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, econometrics, or economics.
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study (top 10% of their class).
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- A GMAT-test or GRE-test (at least 90% score); the test results should not be older than five years.
- Proficiency in English, to be proven by a TOEFL (at least 100 on the internet based test and 600 on the paper basted test) or IELTS test (minimum score of 7.0); the test results should not be older than five years.
- Provide at least two academic references, a personal motivation letter, CV and any relevant written work.
Knowledge of the Dutch language is not a prerequisite.
APPLICATIONS AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
Application are open from October 1st, 2017 to February 1, 2018.
For more information and application, please refer to:
- Graduate program in Business: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/education/masters-programmes/research-master-business
- Graduate program in Economics: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/education/masters-programmes/research-master-economics