Labour Economics/ Economics of Education/ Macroeconomics
Application Deadline: February 28, 2017
The Department of Economics (Section AE2) of Maastricht University is looking for PhD candidates in: Labour Economics, Economics of Education and Macroeconomics. Accepted candidates obtain a 3 years fully salaried position (sponsored by GSBE , the graduate school of the School of Business and Economics). In order to qualify, the candidate must have successfully completed a Master's degree (MSc or MPhil) in Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, or a related area (preferably before July 2017, at the latest by September 2017) and have a good "competence" in written and spoken English. Graduation from a two-year Master's programme (120 ECTS) and a quantitative background will be advantages.
The candidate will carry out a particular research project as listed below. Roughly 15% (at most 20%) of his/her time will be devoted to teaching activities. For further information on our department please visit our department's website (https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/research/department-economics).
For further information on the particular projects you can check online or can contact:
Labour economics: The impact of geographical labor market mobility on the family
- Steffen Kunn (email@example.com)
Economics of education: An economic perspective on achievement tests
- Ron Diris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Macroeconomics: Monetary policy and divergence in a currency union
- Clemens Kool (email@example.com)
Applications should be submitted by email (only) to Phdpositionae2firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28, 2017.
The application should include:
(1) curriculum vitae,
(2) transcript of university results/grades,
(3) motivation letter (at most one page),
(4) a name of reference who supports your application (e.g. professor/supervisor from MSc program),
(5) proof of academic writing skills by one of the following: BSc, MSc thesis (if available) or a seminar paper.