About Vietnam – The Netherlands Programme (VNP)
VNP has a long-term partnership (since 1994) with the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) at Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands, one of the top 40 universities for economics education in the world. The programme is delivered in English with an international teaching team who graduated from foreign universities. VNP focuses on the lecturer – student interaction as the teaching method and establishes its academic strength with participation of scientific committee members and tutors to assist students in their studies and research. VNP's 500 alumni are currently working in FDI enterprises, NGOs, universities and research institutions. VNP's training quality is recognized by FIBAA, an European, internationally oriented agency for quality assurance and quality development in higher education with FIBAA's Quality Seal in September 2017.
Starting from 2018, VNP allows for the alternative to do thesis research, the Applied Research Thesis (ART), which helps you to address practical problems at your workplace. Through the ART, you will apply economic knowledge while seeking evidence-based solutions to problems at work. The ART will be a proper venue for those who want to learn the strategy to combine economics and analytical skills to support decision making in firms and organizations.
VNP Learning outcomes
Not only knowledge of economics, finance, policy, development and academic English language skills, VNP also equips students with global-thinking and problem-solving skills.
Based on the learning outcome, the curriculum is designed with the following knowledge and skills:
1. Knowledge of applied economics in decision-making and policy-making
2. Knowledge of applied finance in decision-making and policy-making
3. Skills of data analysis
Abilities and Prospects for graduates
1. Be able to solve economic and financial problems at organization in the developmental context of sector, economy and region.
2. Be able to work effectively with a new approach method at organization in the context of a constantly changing economy
3. Build a better career with the provided knowledge and skills.
4. Be proficiency in using English language at work, especially in project presentation, analysis report and specialized documents comprehension.
Certification & Duration
The UEH's Master of Arts Degree and the ISS' Certification of Acknowledgement will be awarded to those who successfully complete the programme.
The UEH's Master of Arts Degree and the ISS's Master of Arts Degree will be awarded to those who successfully complete the Double Degree's Programme.
Duration: 2 years
Recruitment information 2018
Academic requirements: Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree to take the VNP entrance exam. The degree must meet the following requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree of economic majors (regular/irregular format of training) from a university of economics or from a Faculty of Economics of other universities.
2. Bachelor's degree of other major (regular format of training) with a certificate of passing additional economic courses organized by UEH's Institute of Graduate Studies or additional courses in English, Statistics, Economic Mathematics, and Micro- and Macro-Economics delivered by VNP and 2 other subjects.
English requirement: CEFR B2, TOEIC 600, IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 500 BPT, 173 CBT, 61 iBT)
Review Course and Entrance Examination
First opening day:
Review course 1: 14 May 2018 (Monday – Friday, 6:00 – 8:30 pm)
Review course 2: 15 May 2018 (Tuesday – Thursday, 6:00 – 8:30 pm)
First entrance examination: 15 July 2018
Second opening day:
Review course 3: 6 August 2018 (Monday – Friday, 6:00 – 8:30 pm)
Review course 4: 7 August 2018 (Tuesday – Thursday, 6:00 – 8:30 pm)
Second entrance examination: 14 October 2018
* Total recruitment quota: 60 students
Review course fee: 3.000.000 vnd
Tuition fee: 2.450.00 vnd per credit